Thursday, November 04, 2004

Attendance

Please notify me as soon as possible if you have to miss a lesson. As long as you give me reasonable notice for a missed lesson, I will be glad to offer make-up lessons as my schedule permits. Reasonable notice is 24 hours or more by phone, or 48 hours or more by email. This gives me more time to offer make-up lessons to you and other students. If you miss a lesson without calling to cancel, the lesson is forfeited. The attendance policy for scheduled make-up lessons is the same as for regular lessons and all the same rules apply. There will be no refunds or credits for any cancelled or missed lessons.

In the event of last-minute illness, you may have to cancel your lesson with less than 24 hours notice. When you call to cancel that lesson, I will give you the opportunity to reschedule the lesson within the week based on my schedule availability. At that time you may either schedule a make-up lesson or you may choose to skip the lesson entirely. If the answering machine picks up, please include in your message which option you would prefer, and I will return your call. Please do not notify me of last-minute illness by email.

If I must cancel your lesson, I will do my best to give you at least 24 hours notice. I will offer make-up lessons for all my absences based on my schedule availability and your convenience. I will attempt to schedule make-up lessons within sixty days of the missed lesson. If we are unable to schedule a make-up lesson, I will credit you for the lesson in writing. You may then subtract the cost of that lesson from your next month's lesson fees.

If you decide to discontinue lessons for any reason, you must give a minimum of two weeks notice in writing. You will be responsible for two more lessons following my receipt of that written notice. There will be no refunds given if your notice is given mid-month.

No comments: